The 2019 cruise season in Halifax will start on April 8 with the arrival of Marina, an Oceania Cruises vessel. The season will run until the first week of November, making it one of the longest seasons for the Port of Halifax with the highest number of expected cruise guests. From April 8 to November 6, the Port of Halifax is expecting 192 vessel calls carrying approximately 320,000 cruise guests. Highlights Include:
- 9 scheduled inaugural calls in 2019, starting with the arrival of Zaandam, a Holland America Line vessel, on April 29. the ship will be assuming the regular stop previously provided by Maasdam.
- Other Inaugural Calls include: Scenic Eclipse on Sept 5, Mein Schiff 1 on Sept 16th,, Albatros on Sept 17, Ocean Atlantic on Sept 19, Sapphire Princess on Oct.1, Riviera on Oct 3, and both MSC Meraviglia and Viking Sun on Oct 5th
- On July 26, Cunards two Queens to come to Halifax, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary 2
- Four visit from Queen Mary 2 on July 2, July 26, September 13 and October 16
- One visit from Disney Magic on September 23
- October 2, 2019 is expected to be the busiest passenger day with over 10,000 cruise guests on five vessels