A Container being unloaded failed, Causing a Radio Active Scare at Fairview Cove. The container in question, once removed, and still in the hold
MSC Montery discovered a Cracked hull. Fortunatly it was not structural, and was repaired easily. the same cannot be said for the MOL Comfort, which developed a crack, Broke in two and sank.
Ex Rusian Cruse Ship Lubov Orlova snaped a tow line, went a drift, and launched fears of ginormous cannibal rats landing in Europe. The Ship Likely Sunk.
The M/V Miner also broke a tow line, and ended up on the beach of Scatrie island. finally the tow of HMCS Athabskan ran into Troubles when a tug lost power and lines parted.
4. Fires:AlgoNova Suffered from an engine room Fire. She was towed to Halifax for repairs.
HMCS Protecteur also suffered and engine room fire returning from Hawaii.
5. GroundingsBlue Putties Parked on Shore in Port Aux Basques. She was repaired in Halifax. The Bulk Carrier John1 lost power and went Aground off Newfoundland. She went to Argentia NF for repairs. The Bulker Tundra also Went aground, in the St Lawrence off Sorel PQ. She eventually made halifax to load grain.
6. WeatherRenate Schulte's anchor broke free and punctured her bow thruster compartment. She was temporarily repaired, and scrapped after this incident.
The Car Carrier Asian Emperor took a parametric roll, and trashed some heavy Equipment
And High Seas caused broken Containers on Zim Colombo
7. Human ErrorThe Bounty Sunk after the captain went sailing in a hurricane.
The first and Second posts were in near real time as facts were known. You can also read All Posts covering the disaster and investigation.
8. PiracyThe tall ship Silva was Set Adrift.
9. SinkingsUnknown sailing vessel in the North West Arm Sunk. The port authority salvaged her, but a few months under water made her fit for the dump.
The Sailboat Captain Morgan, also sunk one winter.
In both cases, I suspect a frozen Through Hull fitting failed allowing water ingress.